Search

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Vice President's Report - June 2010

Incoming VP Appreciation

SWE-MN,

Yay! Summer is here! SWE-MN has had a great FY10 with all of our outreach, PD, membership and networking events! I am already looking forward to FY11 and all the successes I know we will accomplish. As the FY11 Vice-President, I am excited to help lead the Executive Council alongside Angela (Neidermire) and assisting her however I can. I am also thrilled to mentor the Outreach Committee and Co-Chairs. With my past experience as an Outreach Co-Chair, I hope to be able to provide good insight and guidance for the new year. Personally, I hope to meet and create relationships with new SWE-MN members and participate more in the networking opportunities.
In the meantime, when I am not helping out with SWE-MN, I will be enjoying the summer, standing in my good friend’s wedding (another SWE-MN member!), and attending lots of Twins games!

I hope you all have great summers with family and friends and I look forward to seeing you all in FY11!

-Lesley Wyckoff

Farewell from our VP FY-10 - Cassie Svendsen

Thank you SWE-MN for a fantastic year! As SWE-MN transitions into new officers and committees, I want to reflect on the past year together.

SWE-MN kicked off the fall with our Open House at Boston Scientific in September! Then off to the races for Outreach and Professional development events. Some other fall highlights included the National Conference in Long Beach, California in October; Girl Scout Patch Day in November; Caribou Coffee tour in December and the new holiday fundraising campaign! The ‘deep’ winter was equally busy with trips to North Star Imaging, and Engineers Week. Spark Slime Speed was, as usual, a huge hit at the Science Museum in February. Come March, the annual Spring Seminar featured new tracks and great speakers. Finally in April, the Wow! That’s Engineering! event was held with underprivileged girls.

Did I mention before that it was a busy year!? All of these events and programs would not be possible without our active executive committee, enthusiastic members, and volunteers. It’s the people of SWE that make SWE a great organization.

I’ve had a fantastic time acting as Vice President for the year and am pleased to have Lesley taking over! Thanks to everyone in SWE-MN for a wonderful year!

- Cassandra Svendsen

No comments:

Post a Comment