Search

Friday, December 31, 2010

Get to Know SWE-MN: Shanna Kent

I was first introduced to SWE as a student in 2008 where I attended the 2008 Region H Conference in Peoria, Illinois. Since then, SWE has continued to provide excellent continuing education, networking and volunteer opportunities.

I attended Minnesota State University, Mankato where I received my undergraduate degree in 2008. Being from South Central Minnesota, the opportunity to join the Minnesota Department of Transportation at the Mankato Office was a perfect fit. I currently work in the design section providing assistance to the District Hydraulic Engineer and project management. I also served nine years in the Army National Guard as a Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic. During that time I worked 9 months full time for the New Ulm Maintenance Shop and completed an 18 month deployment with 11 months stationed near Tikrit, Iraq.

Photobucket

My husband and I enjoy traveling north to escape the sea of cornfields whenever we get the chance. I also enjoy lake sports, scrapbooking and reading a good book when I can fit it in. When that isn’t enough, I have a pair of rottweilers that always keeps me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment